Easy Zucchini Fritters
There is something so perfect about a fritter. Something so small can be the best little flavor bomb and a filling breakfast option—plus, leftovers make a great snack!
Yield: 8 fritters
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 2 pinches unrefined sea salt, divided
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus additional to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sauerkraut (optional)
- Add a pinch of salt to the zucchini and allow to sit for 10 minutes to draw out extra water.
- Using your hands, squeeze the zucchini to remove excess water, discarding the liquid.
- Add the onion, almond meal, eggs, and a pinch of salt and pepper until you have a thick, pancake-like batter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour the fritter mixture into the frying pan in 8 even scoops. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Divide the fritters in half and serve with 1 cup baby spinach leaves, a squeeze of lemon, a drizzle of oil, and sauerkraut.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!