Crunchy Cauliflower Nuggets
These nuggets are loved by kids and adults alike—mainly because the flavors take you back to a fast-food favorite in just one bite. The extra serving of veggies is just an added bonus! Plus, by baking instead of frying, we’re making them even healthier (and just as crispy).
Yield: 3 cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat)
- 1/2 cup oat flour or gluten-free flour
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets
- Unrefined sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond meal, paprika, cumin, and turmeric in a medium bowl to make a crumbly mixture.
- Mix the plant-based milk and oat flour in another bowl to make the batter. Mix well.
- Coat the cauliflower florets in the flour batter, a few at a time, then toss in the almond meal spice mix, coating well.
- Place the cauliflower on the lined baking tray and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
FM Tip: Cauliflower is a great source of the essential nutrient choline. This nutrient supports the learning and memory centers of the brain.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!