The load is easy to make, satisfying and delicious. It is gluten and grain free and can be easily made dairy free by leaving off the butter when serving.
The perfect blend of protein and carbs makes a slice of the loaf the perfect post workout snack or an afternoon pick me up.
- 2 cups raw grated pumpkin
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2 Cups almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 150/300 degrees fan forced or 170/340 degrees no fan.
- Combine pumpkin, eggs, coconut oil, cinnamon, ginger and dates. Add almond meal and mix through.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper and sprinkle pumpkin seeds on the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Spread with organic butter to serve.