Citrus Chickpea & Brussel Sprout Salad
Meal prep is game-changing in theory but can be hard to put into practice, nevermind keep up with. Not every recipe is designed to stay fresh and appealing after a few days in the fridge, but this citrus, chickpea and Brussels sprout salad actually gets better with time. Store it in a glass container for up to a week and enjoy as a side, as an entrée by adding protein, or top on a bed of greens as a giant salad.
“Meal prep is my secret weapon when it comes to staying nourished and on track during a busy week,” McKell shared with us. “We all want more time – more time to spend with our friends and family and time for doing the activities we love. It’s just about creating the time.”
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 2 (15 oz) cans organic chickpeas
- 1 lb roasted Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, optional
- pinch of sea salt
- black pepper, adjust to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- If you have the oven on cooking other vegetables for your weekly staples, roast the Brussels sprouts alongside.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl and make sure the olive oil and lemon have coated all ingredients. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Store in a glass container for up to a week and enjoy as a side, as an entrée by adding protein, or top on a bed of greens.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!