Coconut & Vanilla Slice
With a little bit of preparation, these homemade protein slices can be a fantastic alternative to the processed sugary breakfast cereals marketers would have us believe to be healthy.
They are a very practical solution you can replace your breakfast with or pop in your lunchbox. Try them warm with a little full-fat cream or yogurt, and a sprinkle of berries. delicious!
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 40mins
Servings: approx 12 (3cm x 8cm slice)
- 50g melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- 3/4 cup milk (can use coconut cream instead)
- 3 x 50g scoops of protein blend
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed nuts (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder Pinch of sea salt 1 Tbs cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Melt butter and whisk together with eggs, vanilla, yoghurt and milk (or coconut cream)
- In a large bowl mix together all other ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients stir gently until combined.
- Line a 28 x 18cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Spoon mixture into tray and evenly spread.
- Bake for approx. 40 mins until golden and firm to the touch.
- Cut into slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Serve warmed with berries and cream or just eat as is.
- Take out 1/2 cup of liquid and add 1 cup mashed banana
- Add two grated apples and 1/3 cup chopped dates or take out some liquid and add apple puree
- Add 1 cup berries of your choice (I think blueberries work best)
- Make a chocolate version – take out cinnamon and add 2 Tbs cocoa and 1 cup crushed, frozen raspberries.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!