Mushroom, Shallot And Pumpkin Tart (Recipe)
One slice of this and there’s absolutely no going back.. this is something we eat again and again because it’s just so damn good. The crust is the perfect crunchy contrast against the pumpkin and mushrooms and the sage just takes the flavor to the next level. Try it for yourself and see!
1 hour 10 minutes
For the crust
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp macadamia or coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 260g swiss brown mushrooms
- 3 cups cubed pumpkin
- 1 handful fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs feta or cashew cheese
- 3 medium-sized shallots
- sea salt
- black pepper
- macadamia or coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the pumpkin in a baking tray and drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, begin on the crust. Mix all the crust ingredients together in a bowl. Knead the dough then transfer it to a well-greased 8-inch loose-bottomed tart case. Place it in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Start on the filling by cutting the mushrooms into thick slices and peeling then cutting any shallots bulbs that are on the big side into bite-sized pieces. Heat a good swig of oil in a frying pan, crush in the garlic and add the shallots , sage leaves, mushrooms, and a good pinch each of both salt and pepper. Cook on a medium to high heat for 6-7 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Take the tart case and the pumpkin out of the oven, transfer the pumpkin to the pan with the mushrooms.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper, then add half the pumpkin/mushroom mixture. Pour it into the tart then top with leftover mix and the cheese. Turn the oven down to 180C and cook in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the egg is set.