Raspberry Chia Jelly Slice
This gut-loving jelly slice is a great sweet but healthy treat to have on hand for those mid-afternoon or evening cravings. They aren't at all hard to make and are filled with wholesome fats, antioxidants and contains no grains or refined sugars.
The delicious fruity jelly topping is made from the gut-healing wonder food, gelatin. Gelatin isn't just a gut-loving food! It has a host of other wonderful benefits too. It improves skin health, protects the bones and joints, builds muscle, is a natural mood booster and sleep enhancer, and of course, our favorite benefit is its ability to heal and seal the gut lining.
- 150 g organic butter
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp grass-fed gelatin powder
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 + 2tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 180 degrees Celsius
- Combine all base ingredients into a food processor and mix well.
- Press into a lined baking tin (24 cm x 24 cm) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- To make the jelly filling, 'bloom' the gelatin by stirring it into 1/3 cup water until dissolved. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place raspberries, maple syrup, chia seeds, and vanilla in a saucepan with 1 cup of water. Heat the pan until the mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat and stir gelatin into the mixture until dissolved.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour jelly mixture over the base and refrigerate.
- Once set, cut in squares to serve. Keep in the fridge.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!