Raw Peppermint Slice (Recipe)
If you're a fan of choc peppermint biscuits or peppermint slice, prepared to be amazed! We've got a much healthier version for you, minus the refined-sugars and condensed milk out of a can!
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4-5 drops peppermint oil (depending on how strong you like it)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
What to do
- Using your food processor or high powered blender, combine the ingredients for the base and pulse until a crumble mixture is formed. Press mixture firmly into a lined small slice tray.
- Place mixture into the freezer for 1 hour to set while you create the filling.
- While your base is in the freezer setting, combine all filling ingredients in the food processor or high-powered blender and process until well combined and smooth. Add a little more water if needed to create a smooth mixture.
- Remove base from freezer and top evenly with the peppermint filling. Smooth this layer and place back in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Once your filling is set, prepare your chocolate topping by melting cacao, coconut oil & maple syrup over a low temperature until well combined.
- Remove your slice from the freezer and layer evenly with the chocolate topping. Put back into the freezer for 1/2 an hour for the topping to set.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Best to slice while frozen.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!