1 Vegan Recipe Used 4 Ways
Today may be just another great day in your life… or it may be REVOLUTIONARY! I am proud to introduce to you a lovely recipe that can be used FOUR different ways. That means, depending on the season or who is in your household, you can cater to the way they enjoy eating food.
I originally made this recipe as a salad dressing, but when friends and clients started making it, they came up with all sorts of other cool ways to eat it.
The benefits of the ingredients are many, including a great dose of healthy fats, excellent fiber content, powerful antioxidants and a taste that’s hard to beat.
Without further ado, I would like to introduce you to Strappleshew! The creamy, vegan, Strawberry-Apple-Cashew recipe that can be used these four ways:
1. As a delicious salad dressing. Make the recipe below as is and add to the top of your favorite salad. It makes for an AMAZING addition.
2. As a popsicle for dessert. Make the recipe below as is and then add the liquid to a popsicle tray. Freeze for 8-10 hours and enjoy!
3. As yogurt on top of your favorite home-made granola recipe. To make it extra thick and creamy, add a few additional handfuls of cashews to what the recipe calls for below. If it becomes too thick to blend on its own, you can use a mallet or turn the blender off, push the mix down around the blades, re-cover with the lid and blend again.
4. As a dipping for fruit when you have fancy dinner parties (or when you’re at home in your PJs munching!). You can make the recipe as is and enjoy with whole strawberries, apples, blueberries, bananas or any other fruit that you absolutely love!
Let’s try it out...
Here’s the recipe:
Creamy Apple-Strawberry Dressing
- 6 organic strawberries, washed
- 1 small organic apple, washed, cored and chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) filtered water
- ⅛ cup (30 mL) coconut vinegar
- 1 large handful organic cashews
Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender.
Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
Smile, choose your method of enjoying and savor!
Note: Stores well in airtight glass container in the fridge for 5-6 days
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.