5-Minute Chocolate Mousse
It astounds me how you can recreate your favorite desserts using simple wholefoods that just so happen to be Nature’s superfoods. This chocolate mousse is a combination of heart-healthy avocado, cacao and dates, blended with mesquite powder, vanilla, rice malt syrup and your milk of choice. It's easy, quick and delicious!
Serves: 4 R VGN DF GF RSF + NF
- 4 small ripe avocados
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 55 g (2 oz/ ½ cup) raw cacao powder
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/ ½ cup) coconut milk
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/ ¹⁄₃ cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp mesquite powder
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into four serving glasses and enjoy.
Images and recipes from Hippie Lane: The Cookbook by Taline Gabrielian (Murdoch Books RRP $39.99)
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!