5-Minute Chocolate Mousse
It astounds me how you can recreate your favorite desserts using simple wholefoods that just so happen to be Nature’s superfoods. This chocolate mousse is a combination of heart-healthy avocado, cacao and dates, blended with mesquite powder, vanilla, rice malt syrup and your milk of choice. It's easy, quick and delicious!
Serves: 4 R VGN DF GF RSF + NF
- 4 small ripe avocados
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 55 g (2 oz/ ½ cup) raw cacao powder
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/ ½ cup) coconut milk
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/ ¹⁄₃ cup) rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp mesquite powder
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour into four serving glasses and enjoy.
Images and recipes from Hippie Lane: The Cookbook by Taline Gabrielian (Murdoch Books RRP $39.99)
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.