Low-Carb Cauliflower Rice Sushi Recipe
This wholefoods, veggie-based twist on our favorite Japanese snack is a game-changer in the kitchen. Cauliflower is packed with incredible nutrients to aid the body's detoxification pathways, plus you can add any of your favorite fillings.
Makes: 6 rolls
Preparation time: 30 minutes
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 6 nori sheets
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Smoked Salmon
- Pickled ginger
- In a food processor, mix together cauliflower, almonds, tamari, and lemon juice. Process until well combined.
- Layout the nori sheets with the shiny side facing down.
- Place 1/4 cup of cauliflower mix onto the nori sheet. Spread it thinly, reaching to both sides of the sheet and about 2 3/4 inches along the nori sheet.
- Place the chosen toppings in a strip in the middle of the cauliflower mix, reaching both sides of the sheet.
- Roll the nori sheet over the toppings until the entire sheet is rolled up. With dampened fingers, moisten the edge of the nori sheet to help stick to itself. Cut roll into 6 even pieces.
- Repeat with remaining nori sheets and toppings.