I love having a healthy, sweet snack for my son when he gets home from school. These are his favorite, and they are so easy and quick to make, I make sure they are warm coming out of the oven around the time he gets home. Add a cold glass of dark almond chocolate milk, and you’ve got a mid-afternoon feast!
Makes: 12-15 bites
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips – I used Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
- Combine almond meal, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a big bowl.
- Mix and form into a dough.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make 12-15 small bites and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 300ºF for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy… with a cold glass of nut milk!!!