Almond Chocolate Chip Bites
I love having a healthy, sweet snack for my son when he gets home from school. These are his favorite, and they are so easy and quick to make, I make sure they are warm coming out of the oven around the time he gets home. Add a cold glass of dark almond chocolate milk, and you’ve got a mid-afternoon feast!
Ready in: 30 minutes
- 1½ cups almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup mini chocolate chips – I used Gluten, Dairy and Soy Free chips
- Preheat oven to 300ºF (150ºC).
- Combine almond meal, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a big bowl.
- Mix and form into a dough.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, make 12-15 small bites and place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 300ºF for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy… with a cold glass of nut milk!!!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!