Almond Raspberry & Coconut Muffins (Recipe)
The perfect lunchbox treat for the little ones, free of any gluten and refined sugar, so no need to worry about that crazy sugar high!
- 2 cups of whole almonds
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp of gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar (or rapadura sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen raspberries (use as many as you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (170 degrees Celsius).
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Place the almonds into a food processor and pulse until they are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground almonds, coconut sugar, desiccated coconut & baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil & vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl of the almond mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases and dot with raspberries, pushing them down into the mix slightly.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
Note: If you do not have a food processor or blender, you can use almond meal instead.
Boost your knowledge and expand your mind with leaders in the field. Discover The Food Matters Podcast .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!