Asian Kazoodle Salad
Eating the rainbow is easy with this colorful salad!
- 2 large zucchini (courgettes), spiralized
- 1 large carrot, spiralized
- 150 g (5½ oz/2 cups) red cabbage, shredded
- 50 g (1¾ oz/2 cups) kale ribbons, massaged
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum (pepper), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds(black and white)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 80 ml (2½ fl oz/1/3 cup) lime juice
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Put all the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a small jar and shaking well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and toss to ensure the salad is well coated. Serve immediately and enjoy.
How do you massage kale?
Simply take the leaves once they’ve been chopped or sliced and use your hands to rub the kale (as if you’re massaging it) until it begins to soften. You can use a little olive oil or coconut oil if you like. This process basically makes the kale easier to eat as it breaks down the toughness of the leaf and also removes some of the bitterness.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!