Baked Beans (The Ultimate Breakfast Recipe)
Dan Churchill has shared his Baked Bean recipe with us, this is the ultimate breakfast, packed with nourishing ingredients to keep you going!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 Rashes of lean/shortcut Bacon, sliced (Optional)
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste (go sugar free if you can)
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon rice malt syrup (optional)
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped (or if your tired 1 can) - but practice your knife skills ;p
- 1 Can white (navy) beans (drained)
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 Cup stock (vegetable or beef)
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon cheek
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Add oil to a oven proof pan on medium heat and caramelize onions and garlic for 8 minutes.
- Next brown the bacon (if using) for 3 minutes before adding the tomato paste, mustard and rice malt syrup (if using), stir to combine for 1 minute
- Fold in the tomatoes and kidney beans, before adding the onion and garlic powder along with the spices.
- Pour in the stock bring to a boil before putting in the oven for 15-25 mins or until most the stock has been absorbed and it has that oozy consistency.
- Finish with a sprinkling of salt and pepper and a squeeze of Lemon Juice.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!