Banana Milk Chia Pudding
Why did it take me so long to get on the chia pudding band wagon? There is so much to love! I prep this recipe on Sunday night and it provides my breakfast for the week.
This recipe is quick, delicious and a marriage of banana milk and coconut milk. One bite and it feels like a tropical explosion in your mouth.
Loaded with fruit and topped with seeds, this meal is a nutritional powerhouse and will keep you feeling full throughout a busy morning. By switching up the toppings you are able to reinvent this pudding each day, keeping your tastebuds excited and your belly happy.
- 3 bananas
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can ( 14 oz / 400 ml) coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower & pumpkin seed mix (recipe below)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Add bananas, dates, water, coconut milk and sea salt to a blender.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a glass storage container. Add chia seeds and stir. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Spoon 1 cup of chia pudding into a bowl and top with sliced strawberries, hemp seeds, roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Optional toppings to switch it up:
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp peanut or nut butter
- Sliced kiwi
- Sliced banana
Roasted Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Spread pumpkin seeds on sheet pan. Bake 5 min.
- Remove pan from oven and add sunflower seeds to pumpkin seeds, mix. Bake another 5 min.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Serve atop Banana Milk Chia Pudding. Enjoy!
Pantry shelves need topping up with all the good stuff? Shop our staples here .