Banana Milk Chia Pudding
Why did it take me so long to get on the chia pudding band wagon? There is so much to love! I prep this recipe on Sunday night and it provides my breakfast for the week.
This recipe is quick, delicious and a marriage of banana milk and coconut milk. One bite and it feels like a tropical explosion in your mouth.
Loaded with fruit and topped with seeds, this meal is a nutritional powerhouse and will keep you feeling full throughout a busy morning. By switching up the toppings you are able to reinvent this pudding each day, keeping your tastebuds excited and your belly happy.
- 3 bananas
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1½ cups water
- 1 can (14 oz / 400 ml) coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower & pumpkin seed mix (recipe below)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Add bananas, dates, water, coconut milk and sea salt to a blender.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a glass storage container. Add chia seeds and stir. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Spoon 1 cup of chia pudding into a bowl and top with sliced strawberries, hemp seeds, roasted sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
Optional toppings to switch it up:
- Fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp peanut or nut butter
- Sliced kiwi
- Sliced banana
Roasted Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Spread pumpkin seeds on sheet pan. Bake 5 min.
- Remove pan from oven and add sunflower seeds to pumpkin seeds, mix. Bake another 5 min.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Serve atop Banana Milk Chia Pudding. Enjoy!
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!