Banana Pancakes With Berries
These pancakes are sweet, delicious and super easy to prepare. They are grain-free, high in protein and perfect for those who like to start the day with something sweet. Try them after dinner for a quick dessert (my whole family loves them).
Almond meal is an easy way to bump up the hormone-friendly ‘good’ fats in your breakfast: these are a little slower to cook than flour-based pancakes, but are well worth the wait.
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 25 g (1 oz/ ¼ cup) almond meal
- ½ apple, grated
- Butter, for frying
- Yogurt, blueberries and raspberries, to serve
- Using a handheld blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients (except the apple) and blend well. Add the grated apple.
- Heat a large frying pan over low to medium heat, melt the butter and pour in a third of the pancake mix. Cook until small bubbles appear (about 2 minutes), then gently flip and cook for a further 1–2 minutes on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter. The best way to cook these is slowly and for longer than flour-based pancakes.
- Serve with yogurt and seasonal fresh berries.
by Belinda Kirkpatrick and Ainsley Johnstone (Murdoch Books RRP $35.00)
Photography by Ainsley Johnstone.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.