Breakfast Quinoa Salad
This breakfast quinoa bowl with blueberries and orange makes the perfect breakfast. Packed with protein and fiber to keep you feeling full!
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- 3 tablespoons raw almonds, chopped
- 3 tablespoons blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- Place the quinoa and 1 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, roast the pumpkin seeds in a dry frying pan over low heat, then set aside.
- Cut the orange along either side of the white membranes to remove the segments, reserving any juice.
- Add the reserved juice, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, almonds and half the blueberries to the cooked quinoa and stir to combine.
- Divide the quinoa mixture between two bowls, top with the remaining blueberries and orange segments, dollop with yoghurt and sprinkle with extra cinnamon to serve.
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.
Images and recipes from The Busy Mum's Guide to Weight Loss by Rhian Allen, Pan Macmillan Australia.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!