Broccoli, Spinach & Pea Soup
Popeye was so onto it with his spinach! This simple green leaf is one to not miss on the dinner plate. Spinach has been shown to be cell protective, helping to reduce your risk of chronic diseases such as cancer.
- 1 leek or onion
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 large heads broccoli, finely chopped
- 2 cups, frozen peas
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful watercress,
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 4 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Prepare all your veggies by cutting to desired shape and thickness.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Preheat a large saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add the oil and all the veggies, peas and herbs.
- Season well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool slightly. Blend until smooth.
- Return the purée to the saucepan for reheating when needed.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!