Carrot Cake Smoothie (Recipe)
Yes, you read that correctly. Carrot Cake Smoothie. I have combined my two loves: Smoothies and Carrot Cake & turned it into an epically decadent, nutrient dense, flavor sensation. When I informed my mother of this life changing kitchen moment, her response was "did you just blend a carrot cake?" No mum. Because that wouldn't be healthy, nor would I recommend anyone to do that. BUT, this bad boy is the closest thing you will get to a blended carrot cake, minus the flour, oil and refined sugar.
Rich in Vitamin A,C, magnesium, potassium, calcium, protein, essential amino acids, omega 6 and boy the list goes on.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 small organic carrots
- 2 tblsp organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup organic rolled oats
- Splash of preferred milk
- 2 tbls organic yogurt
- Pinch of shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1-2 medjool dates
- Blend all of the ingredients minus the coconut, cinnamon, pecans & 1 tablespoon vanilla yoghurt, until smooth.
- Pour into a jar and top with remaining tablespoon of yoghurt and sprinkle with cinnamon, shredded coconut and pecans. Enjoy!
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients for your body. You can support your daily intake with our go-to supplement.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.