Carrot Hummus with Rosemary Linseed Crackers
Are you a crackers and dip kind of person? Then you need to try this Carrot Hummus and Rosemary Cracker recipes! Crunchy seed crackers with a fresh new take on hummus!
ROSEMARY LINSEED CRACKERS
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 85 g (1⁄2 cup) brown linseeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped f resh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
125 ml (1⁄2 cup) warm water
- 4 large carrots (about 650 g), roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 60 ml (1⁄4 cup) tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon cold-pressed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Make the rosemary linseed crackers first by combining all the ingredients in a bowl. Leave to stand for 10–15minutes, or until the water has been absorbed. Meanwhile, line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Spread the cracker mixture evenly over the prepared tray in a very thin layer – about 3 mm thick. Bake for 40–45 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Leave to cool completely on the tray, then break into shards and store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- While the crackers bake, place the carrots, garlic, turmeric, fennel seeds and 125 ml (1⁄2 cup) of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir while it comes to a simmer, then cook, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the water has reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through the tahini and the lemon zest and juice. Cool for 10 minutes.
Add the oil to the carrot mixture and season well with salt and pepper. Using a hand-held stick blender, purée until smooth. Spoon this mixture into a serving bowl and serve with the rosemary linseed crackers.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!