Cauliflower and Seed Bread
- 2 cups cauliflower rice (see notes)
- 100 g (1 cup) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 40 g (1⁄4 cup) pepitas, plus 40 g (1⁄4 cup) extra for decorating
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Line the base and sides of a 20 x 10 cm loaf tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined and smooth. Transfer the dough to the prepared loaf tin, spreading it out evenly and pressing down firmly to level the surface.
- Sprinkle the top with the extra pepitas then bake for 55–60 minutes, or until the top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool completely in the tin, then turn out and slice to serve. This will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. To freeze, wrap the slices individually and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
To make your own cauliflower rice, you’ll need 1 cauliflower head to get 2 cups of ‘rice’. Simply break the head of cauliflower into florets, place these in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles fine rice-like grains.
The 12 Step Mind-Body-Food Reset by Jessica Sepel, Published by Macmillan Australia, Photography by Jeremy Simons.