Chili Prawns With Cauliflower Fried Rice
On the hunt for some weekend cooking inspiration? Chili prawns with cauliflower fried rice sounds like the perfect answer to us!
- 1 small cauliflower, stems removed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 large green prawns, deveined and peeled with tails intact
- 2 tbsp chili pesto
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 cm (¾”) piece of fresh ginger, grated
- ½ bunch broccolini, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, sliced thinly
1 tbsp slivered almonds and squeeze of lemon, to serve
Pulse the raw cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. This can also be achieved on a large hand grater, however it is much easier in the processor. Set aside.
Heat half the coconut oil in a medium sized non-stick fry pan over high heat then add the prawns.
Add the chilli pesto and stir fry prawns for 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove prawns from the pan and keep warm while you prepare the cauliflower rice.
Using the same pan to retain all the flavours, heat the remaining coconut oil over a medium – high heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until softened.
Add the cauliflower and broccolini and cook for 3 - 4 minutes, or until tender. Add soy sauce or tamari, spring onion and capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through and well combined.
- Arrange the prawns on top of the cauliflower rice and serve with extra chilli, spring onion, slivered almonds and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!