Chocado Mousse With Raspberries (Recipe)
A chocolate mousse that's guilt-free and loaded with nutrients? Yes, this is real! This is a pure, chocolatey mousse made from the magical avocado which helps to marry together the raw cacao, scented vanilla & hint of spice. A favorite of ours and soon, yours!
There really is something magical about the combination of avocado and raw cacao powder. They make the perfect (and healthy) dessert. Cacao is jam-packed with antioxidants, magnesium and nutrients to keep you healthy and happy!
Using avocados in desserts is the perfect 'trick' to get that lovely creaminess while getting a full dose of anti-inflammatory, monounsaturated fats that your body will love.
- 85g medjool dates, pitted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 40g cacao powder
- 1 tbsp honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped
- Raspberries, to serve
- Toasted hazelnuts, to serve
1. Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with warm water. Soak for 20 minutes to soften, then drain.
2. Place the dates, avocado, cacao, honey or brown rice syrup, cinnamon + vanilla seeds in a food processor and process until very smooth and fluffy.
3. Serve the mousse in small glasses topped with raspberries + hazelnuts.
What's Your Favorite Healthy Chocolate Recipe?
Trainer Luke won Australia's hearts on My Kitchen Rules. He has secured himself a permanent presence as one of Australia's leading lifestyle personalities. With regular appearances on breakfast television and lifestyle shows, Luke was the official trainer on Australia's Next Top Model, and 2014 saw him join the team on channel sevens Live Well as resident foodie. This combined with the release of the ‘Clean Living’ series of training and nutrition books, cements his place in the health and wellness market.