Chocado Mousse With Raspberries (Recipe)
A chocolate mousse that's guilt-free and loaded with nutrients? Yes, this is real! This is a pure, chocolatey mousse made from the magical avocado which helps to marry together the raw cacao, scented vanilla & hint of spice. A favorite of ours and soon, yours!
There really is something magical about the combination of avocado and raw cacao powder. They make the perfect (and healthy) dessert. Cacao is jam-packed with antioxidants, magnesium and nutrients to keep you healthy and happy!
Using avocados in desserts is the perfect 'trick' to get that lovely creaminess while getting a full dose of anti-inflammatory, monounsaturated fats that your body will love.
- 85g medjool dates, pitted
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled
- 40g cacao powder
- 1 tbsp honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod, split lengthways and seeds scraped
- Raspberries, to serve
- Toasted hazelnuts, to serve
1. Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with warm water. Soak for 20 minutes to soften, then drain.
2. Place the dates, avocado, cacao, honey or brown rice syrup, cinnamon + vanilla seeds in a food processor and process until very smooth and fluffy.
3. Serve the mousse in small glasses topped with raspberries + hazelnuts.
Be the first to know when enrollment reopens for the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program. Join the waitlist here.