Chocolate Coconut Spread
Chocolate & coconut... Need we say more?
Chocolate dessert that taste naughty but is actually healthy! Chocolate, coconut and one surprising ingredient. What could it be?
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or coconut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, coconut sugar, or raw honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared coffee, optional
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
What to do
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor except water and pulse a few times to chop the beans and start mixing.
- Run the processor and drizzle in the water and blend until smooth and really creamy (this may take a good 5 minutes).
- This will be creamy like hummus after processing and will get firm in the fridge like a spread.
- Good either way.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Note: Choose Organic Ingredients when possible.
Take the stress out of cooking with 21-days of guided meal plans, shopping lists, and nutrition support. You’ll find all of this, and more, in our signature Clean Eating Program.