Chocolate Coconut Spread
Chocolate & coconut... Need we say more?
Chocolate dessert that taste naughty but is actually healthy! Chocolate, coconut and one surprising ingredient. What could it be?
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained
- 4 tablespoons raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or coconut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, coconut sugar, or raw honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared coffee, optional
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup water
What to do
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor except water and pulse a few times to chop the beans and start mixing.
- Run the processor and drizzle in the water and blend until smooth and really creamy (this may take a good 5 minutes).
- This will be creamy like hummus after processing and will get firm in the fridge like a spread.
- Good either way.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Note: Choose Organic Ingredients when possible.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!