We all love a good bliss ball recipe. Bliss balls are an ideal snack to grab either for breakfast or on the go. This Cranberry and Macadamia bliss ball recipe is loaded with health benefits.
The key benefits include:
- Monounsaturated fats for cardiovascular health
- Medium-chain fats for a healthy and speedy metabolism
- Fiber to keep you full and move the bowels
- Contain the antioxidant 'proanthocyanidin' found in cranberries. Very protective for preventing urinary tract infections, healing eyes and enhancing capillary health.
- High in protein - to regulate blood sugars and build lean muscle mass
- 1 cup of macadamia nut flour (blended macadamia nuts)
- 1 cup oat flour (blended oats)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla essence
- 1 cup of cranberry paste (soaked in hot water, and blended cranberries)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (for rolling)
Soak cranberries in hot water to soften before blending. Set aside for 5 minutes.
In a blender, add your oats and macadamias, blasting them until they make a flour, add in cinnamon and pour the flour into a large bowl.
Melt your coconut oil and pour in the vanilla essence, add this to your large bowl mix.
Drain water and blend your cranberries, pour into the mix and stir all ingredients well.
In another bowl, add your desiccated coconut. Start rolling your mix into balls, then into the desiccated coconut.
These can be stored for a few weeks in the fridge, or a month in the freezer. The kids love them, as they are sweet from the cranberries and they are just bursting with health.