Cranberry, Apple and Oatmeal Snack Balls
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 2 hours’ soaking (optional)
DIETARY INFO : Dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan
- 80 g (2 3/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) unsalted raw cashews, preferably soaked for 2 hours beforehand, then rinsed and drained
- 70 g (2½ oz/ 2/3 cup) rolled (porridge) oats
- 55 g (2 oz/ 1/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz/ ½ cup) preservative-free dried apple
- 4 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/ ¼ cup) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, and whiz until the mixture gets clumpy.
- Empty into a bowl, and shape into golf-sized balls using your hands.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place or the refrigerator (although they’ll be quite firm if kept this way).
For little ones: Try shaping into fingers for easier gripping.
Images and recipes from 'Real Food for Babies and Toddlers' by Vanessa Clarkson (Murdoch Books, RPR $35.00) Photography by Ben Dearnley