Cranberry, Apple and Oatmeal Snack Balls
Preparation time: 10 minutes, plus 2 hours’ soaking (optional)
DIETARY INFO : Dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan
- 80 g (2 3/4 oz/ 1/3 cup) unsalted raw cashews, preferably soaked for 2 hours beforehand, then rinsed and drained
- 70 g (2½ oz/ 2/3 cup) rolled (porridge) oats
- 55 g (2 oz/ 1/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz/ ½ cup) preservative-free dried apple
- 4 soft medjool dates, pitted
- 60 ml (2 fl oz/ ¼ cup) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor, and whiz until the mixture gets clumpy.
- Empty into a bowl, and shape into golf-sized balls using your hands.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place or the refrigerator (although they’ll be quite firm if kept this way).
For little ones: Try shaping into fingers for easier gripping.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!