Dairy Free Coconut Milk Ice Cream (Recipe)
Most of us love ice-cream but the shop bought versions are usually highly processed, dairy based and loaded with nasties (think sugar). This easy recipe uses the humble coconut, our favorite fruit, which is easier to digest, allergy free and loaded with great fats. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Serves 4 people
- 2 large cans of organic full-fat coconut milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 4 large dates, pitted
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Put the cans of coconut milk in the fridge to chill nicely overnight. In the morning flip the cans over, open them and pour the liquid at the top of the can into a separate bowl.
- Scrape the remaining coconut milk fat into a blender as this is the good stuff that we’ll use for the recipe.
- Now combine all of the ingredients into a high speed blender/food processor and blend until you have a nice thick and creamy consistency. After blending all the ingredients, pour the goodness into a freezer-safe container and give it a good stir every half an hour or so to avoid it becoming too solid. You may have to do this 3 or 4 times but it’s well worth it.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency, serve and enjoy!