Intensely creamy dairy-free ice cream for those who want a taste of heaven for their dessert!
Much better than the ordinary dairy ice cream, this recipe has less sugar and fat since it uses a non-dairy base. An extra factor is the health benefit you get from coconut which is easier to digest, allergy free and loaded with great fats.
(use organic where possible)
- 2 x 14-ounce cans full fat coconut milk
- ⅔ cup raw chocolate powder or organic cacao
- 1 cup maple syrup (or substitute honey, pitted dates)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 packet instant, freeze-dried coffee (1 tsp)
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender or whisk by hand in a mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker.
- Mix for 20 to 30 minutes or according to the ice cream maker instructions.
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, you can pour the contents into a bread baking container and freeze until set.
- Serve the ice-cream on its own or with fresh mint, blueberries or coconut chips.
Freeze your ice-cream maker bowl for overnight before use for a creamier, more evenly set ice cream.