How to Make Coconut Water and Milk Kefir with Donna Gates
Learn how to make this probiotic-rich drink with milk or coconut water!
Makes : 1 whole jar
Kefir is a traditional, fermented drink that is packed with healthy bacteria to help improve the balance of good gut bacteria in your digestive system and improve your overall health and wellness.
(use organic ingredients where possible)
- 2 packs of water kefir starter
- 2 coconuts
- Carefully make 3 holes on the top of the coconut using a pointed screwdriver and a mallet.
- Transfer the coconut water into a jar and add a pack of water kefir starter.
- Either stir OR cover the jar with a lid and shake well.
- Allow coconut kefir to ferment for 36 hours at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator.
**Note: To make Milk Kefir, follow the same method however use Milk Kefir Grains and shorten the fermentation time to 24 hours before placing in the refrigerator for consumption.
Bust common myths and find out everything you truly need to know for health and wellbeing in our free nutrition masterclass.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!