Guilt-free chocolate muffins that you can feel good about eating. This vegan-friendly recipe is oil-free, rich in flavor, and fluffy. They are a much healthier alternative to a cafe style muffin and taste just as delicious! A high fiber, protein-packed snack that the whole family will enjoy, especially the kids.
SERVES: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup vanilla protein powder (can substitute chocolate protein powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp baking soda Pinch salt
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Handful dark chocolate chips (or chocolate block roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees In a large mixing bowl, sift the buckwheat flour, cacao powder, vanilla protein powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir all ingredients together .
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas with a fork, add rice malt syrup, almond milk and mix till combined
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and thoroughly mix together .
- Add the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Line a tray with cupcake holders and add roughly one heaped tbsp per cupcake.
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes or till cooked through Transfer to a cooling rack, allow to cool, and enjoy!