Easiest Ever Vegan Thai Peanut Noodles
Skip the take-away version and make your own vegan Pad Thai at home with whole-grain noodles and a plethora of shredded vegetables.
Switching up the regular white rice noodles for brown rice in this recipe decreases the glycemic load, this means a more stable energy output after consumption. Loading up the dish with a selection of vegetables also provides a hit of fiber and array of colors full of differing phytochemicals and antioxidants.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 x 8-ounce box of brown rice noodles
- 2 carrots, julienned or shredded
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp raw honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (or substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter if desired)
- ½ tsp/squirt of sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped organic peanuts
- Thai basil (optional)
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. You may soak rice noodles in hot water (off the stove) until soft, for about 5 minutes. Drain and serve hot or rinse with cold water based on your preference.
- To prepare the sauce, add all of the sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Julienne slice or shred the carrots.
- Combine the noodles, carrots, and sauce in a large mixing bowl. Top with cilantro, purple cabbage, crushed peanuts, and chopped Thai basil to the top.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.