Easiest Ever Vegan Thai Peanut Noodles
Skip the take-away version and make your own vegan Pad Thai at home with whole-grain noodles and a plethora of shredded vegetables.
Switching up the regular white rice noodles for brown rice in this recipe decreases the glycemic load, this means a more stable energy output after consumption. Loading up the dish with a selection of vegetables also provides a hit of fiber and array of colors full of differing phytochemicals and antioxidants.
(use organic where possible)
- 1 x 8-ounce box of brown rice noodles
- 2 carrots, julienned or shredded
- ⅓ cup hot water
- ¼ cup tamari
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger
- 1 tbsp raw honey, maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (or substitute almond butter or sunflower seed butter if desired)
- ½ tsp/squirt of sriracha hot sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ cup chopped organic peanuts
- Thai basil (optional)
- Prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. You may soak rice noodles in hot water (off the stove) until soft, for about 5 minutes. Drain and serve hot or rinse with cold water based on your preference.
- To prepare the sauce, add all of the sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and puree until smooth.
- Julienne slice or shred the carrots.
- Combine the noodles, carrots, and sauce in a large mixing bowl. Top with cilantro, purple cabbage, crushed peanuts, and chopped Thai basil to the top.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!