From The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook by Mickey Trescott, this simple salad recipe is packed full of flavor as well as the nutritional benefits of kale and cucumber. Better yet, it stores really well and is a great addition to mains dishes or lunch boxes.
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems trimmed, leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (1 tablespoon)
- 40 g red onion, minced
- 45 g cucumber, finely chopped
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Massage the kale gently with your hands for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the tough fibres of the kale break down and soften somewhat.
- Toss with the lemon juice, red onion and cucumber.
Keeps well in the refrigerator for several days.
Recipes and images from The Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook by Mickey Trescott (Murdoch Books) $39.99 available now in all good bookstores and online.