Get-Up-And-Go Overnight Oats
This is a great basic recipe because it’s so simple: it means you can truly listen to your hunger, as this pot of goodness can be taken with you to be eaten when your hunger grows. Make a whole batch of these oat pots so you’ve got some delicious healthy meals ready ahead of time for a busy week.
- ¹⁄3 cup (80 ml) dairy-free milk
- ¹⁄3 cup (95 g) Greek-style yoghurt
- ¹⁄3 cup (35 g) rolled (porridge) oats
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds, such as linseeds (flaxseeds), sunflower seeds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and chia seeds
- ¹⁄3 cup (45 g) frozen berries (optional)
- Stir together the milk, yoghurt, oats, honey, vanilla, and mixed seeds in a jar. Top with the frozen berries (if using) and let it soak in the fridge for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- You can experiment and swap the honey for half a shredded apple or 1 tablespoon of raisins or currants, add a handful of chopped nuts or play around and add different seasonal fruit. If you don’t have frozen fruit, fresh chopped or a bit of dried fruit is great.
- Look for a Greek-style yoghurt with probiotics.
- Use certified gluten-free oats if you need to make it gluten-free and nut milk or coconut yoghurt to make it dairy-free and vegan.
How do you reset your body, kickstart healthy habits, and bring yourself back to your natural state of health? By supporting the body’s natural detoxification pathways! You can discover more about the practice and how you can enhance it, here.