Get-Up-And-Go Overnight Oats
This is a great basic recipe because it’s so simple: it means you can truly listen to your hunger, as this pot of goodness can be taken with you to be eaten when your hunger grows. Make a whole batch of these oat pots so you’ve got some delicious healthy meals ready ahead of time for a busy week.
- ¹⁄3 cup (80 ml) dairy-free milk
- ¹⁄3 cup (95 g) Greek-style yoghurt
- ¹⁄3 cup (35 g) rolled (porridge) oats
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds, such as linseeds (flaxseeds), sunflower seeds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), and chia seeds
- ¹⁄3 cup (45 g) frozen berries (optional)
- Stir together the milk, yoghurt, oats, honey, vanilla, and mixed seeds in a jar. Top with the frozen berries (if using) and let it soak in the fridge for at least 3 hours or preferably overnight.
- You can experiment and swap the honey for half a shredded apple or 1 tablespoon of raisins or currants, add a handful of chopped nuts or play around and add different seasonal fruit. If you don’t have frozen fruit, fresh chopped or a bit of dried fruit is great.
- Look for a Greek-style yoghurt with probiotics.
- Use certified gluten-free oats if you need to make it gluten-free and nut milk or coconut yoghurt to make it dairy-free and vegan.