- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tsp LSA (flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp honey, plus extra to serve
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Butter or coconut oil, for frying
- Fresh fruit, to serve
- Place the flour, quinoa flakes, milk, eggs, LSA, banana, honey and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour in about ½ cup of batter and tilt the pan so the batter spreads to form a disc. Cook for 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until golden on the underside. Remove and place on a warm plate. Repeat with the remaining batter until you have eight pancakes in total. Once all your pancakes are cooked, serve them with your choice of fruit and a drizzle of honey.
The Nourishing Cook by Leah Itsines is published by Pan Australia. $34.99. Out now.