Gluten-Free Sticky Date Pudding
When someone like Dan Churchill recreates one of our favorite desserts into a gluten-free version, we have to share it with you!
- 3/4 Cup Dates, pitted
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar or Honey
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
CARAMEL PECAN SAUCE
- 1 Tbsp Grass fed butter
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
What to do
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Add baking powder, dates and 1 Cup of boiling water to a bowl to soak for 15 minutes
- Using a handheld mixer or a really strong arm whisk combining the butter and the honey or sugar until it resembles a thick sauce/ paste (this is called creaming the butter)- should take 3-5 minutes.
- Add the eggs to the paste one at a time, waiting for each to combine before adding the next
- In a large bowl combine the flour, almond meal, salt and allspice
- Fold the egg mix into the dry ingredients and finish of with the lemon juice and fold through the dates.
- Grease medium muffin trays with extra coconut oil or butter, spoon mix in and pop in the oven for 15-18 minutes (should be still slightly soft in the centre)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat cook the honey and butter until it starts to bubble and change a golden color, then add the coconut milk, take off the heat and continue to stir until smooth. Add in the pecans and spoon over date cakes to finish… goes amazing with coconut milk ice cream too… just saying ;)
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!