Green Monster Smoothie Recipe
The following smoothie recipe is great for those that suffer from seasonal allergies. This also makes a great smoothie for anyone that is new to smoothies, especially children who are reluctant to blending veggies. It is loaded with vitamins, minerals and phyto-chemicals that will all help to boost your immune system.
It is delicious and they will never even know there is spinach in there. Be sure your honey is local and raw. If you can get your bee pollen local and raw too, even better! Bees carry the pollen that aggravates seasonal allergies, and some of that pollen becomes part of the honey.
Consuming honey and bee pollen daily, before and during allergy season can help your body grow accustomed to the pollen and immunize your body against it.
TIP: This recipe makes quite a bit so it is great if you are feeding a few people in your family. If you are making it for only 1 or 2 people then you will have a bit left over. I take the leftover and add it to ice pop molds and freeze it into delicious ice pops for later in the day or week. Kids LOVE this especially if you let them have an “ice pop” for breakfast!
- 1 cup green grapes (frozen)
- 1 medium orange, peeled
- ½ banana, peeled
- thin slice of lime with the rind
- 1 cup of pineapple (frozen)
- 1 cup of ice
- ½ inch chunk of fresh ginger
- 2 cups of fresh baby spinach (more is even better!)
- 1 tablespoon honey (raw & local)
- 2 tablespoons bee pollen
What to do
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible. Be sure to use raw local honey & pollen to help with allergy symptoms.