Gut-loving Beetroot Hummus
Hummus is up there on our list of favourite foods but we have taken it to another level by adding in roasted beetroot and all the benefits of sauerkraut! It might sound like a strange combo but this hummus is a real crowd pleaser, plus it has added benefits for gut health!
- 1 large roasted beetroot (peeled and chopped up)
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ginger or pickled ginger
- 2 Tb tahini
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1/8 cup sauerkraut juice
- 1-2 Tb of sauerkraut
- 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop and roast a beetroot in the oven until cooked through
- Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth- add more water if necessary to achieve your desired consistency
- Enjoy with veggie sticks
Kickstart your journey back to health with 21-days of gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes. Explore the Food Matters Clean Eating Program today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!