According to its website, Magnum Egos are described as nothing but pure decadence. Which we would have to agree with. So of course, we needed to take this treat and make it guilt free. The ice cream may have a slight banana taste but I promise the caramel is spot on and the chocolate has its cracking factor. This is one of those desserts that is simple to make but does require some patients as you allow the different layers to set. I promise it is well worth it, though.
Makes 6 small or 4 Large
Vegan, Paleo, Refine Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Raw
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 large frozen Banana
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3/4 cup melted Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Raw Cacao
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup/Rice Malt/Coconut Nectar
- 1 cup soft Dates
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- Blend everything together and pour evenly into ice cream moulds.
- Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove and insert popsicle sticks into the centre.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until set.
- Remove the ice creams from their moulds. Run under hot water to help loosen.
- Place on a tray and return to freezer.
Chocolate Part 1
- Whisk everything together.
- Remove magnums from the freezer.
- Dip each magnum into the chocolate and return to freezer.
- Set the remaining chocolate aside.
- Blend everything together.
- You may need a little water to help blend.
- Remove ice magnums from the freezer.
- Distribute caramel thickly and evenly onto one side and the edges of the magnums.
- Return to freezer for 1-2 hour or until the caramel has set.
Chocolate Part 2
- Remelt the chocolate over a bowl of hot water.
- Dip each ice cream into the chocolate until it is all gone.
- If a cool day you can enjoy it straight away or set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Enjoy straight from the freezer or let it sit for a few minutes to allow the ice cream to soften.