Healthy Snacks: Super Greens Dip & Cashew Cheese (Recipes)
Dips often make a great healthy snack, for the kids but also for the big kids! The thing is though, store-bought dips are hidden with additives, dairy & preservatives which can wreak havoc on your health. The Organic Sisters have shared these healthy versions with us & trust us, you won't be disappointed!
They are dairy free & packed with nourishing ingredients. These recipes make a great basic recipe for you to build on and jazz up with any of your favorite flavors such as garlic, parsley or dill, just for some ideas!
SUPER GREENS DIP
- 150g of avocado (approx. 1 1⁄2 large avocados)
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of raw cashews
- Sea salt and Pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast (optional)
What to do
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined.
NOTE: You can easily replace the Cashews for macadamia nuts or pine nuts in this dip and it is just as delicious!
- 1 cup of cashews Water to soak cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
What to do
- Soak your cashews in water for 3-4 hours, rinse and drain
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined. You may need to turn off your food processor and scrape down the
- sides whilst processing.