Healthy Snacks: Super Greens Dip & Cashew Cheese (Recipes)
Dips often make a great healthy snack, for the kids but also for the big kids! The thing is though, store-bought dips are hidden with additives, dairy & preservatives which can wreak havoc on your health. The Organic Sisters have shared these healthy versions with us & trust us, you won't be disappointed!
They are dairy free & packed with nourishing ingredients. These recipes make a great basic recipe for you to build on and jazz up with any of your favorite flavors such as garlic, parsley or dill, just for some ideas!
SUPER GREENS DIP
- 150g of avocado (approx. 1 1⁄2 large avocados)
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup of fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of raw cashews
- Sea salt and Pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast (optional)
What to do
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined.
NOTE: You can easily replace the Cashews for macadamia nuts or pine nuts in this dip and it is just as delicious!
- 1 cup of cashews Water to soak cashews
- 1⁄2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
What to do
- Soak your cashews in water for 3-4 hours, rinse and drain
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and pulse until well combined. You may need to turn off your food processor and scrape down the
- sides whilst processing.
What Are Your Favorite Healthy Snacks?
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!