Healthy Twix Bars
We wanted a chocolate bar; we made a chocolate bar. Only this one is actually good for you and tastes ridiculous. The ingredients are nutrient packed, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan, raw, and super easy to make. Enjoy the indulgence, without the sugar and preservative laden crash.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp rice malt, honey or maple
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 Himalayan
- 1 cup soften dates
- 1.5 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp rice malt optional
- 2 tbsp coconut water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple
- Pinch salt
WHAT TO DO
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet.
- To prepare the biscuit layer process the cashews until fine add your sweetener of choice, coconut flour and salt process until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tray line.
Use your hands to form a rectangular shape about ½ inch thick. Place the pan in the freezer to set while you prepare the caramel filling.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the caramel filling ingredients and blend until well combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the blender a couple of times, to make sure everything is blended evenly.
- Remove the cookie layer from the freezer. Pass the caramel through a sieve onto the biscuit layer to achieve a smooth caramel.
- Freezer for 3 hours to firm up.
- When the caramel has set cut into rectangle size twix shapes and return to freezer while you make the chocolate coating.
- Mix all chocolate ingredients into a bowl, above another bowl full of hot water.
- Remove the bars from freezer. Use a fork to help dip into the chocolate and place back onto the tray. Repeat the process again.
- Let sit in freezer for 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
Could you benefit from a guided juice detox? Don’t worry, you’re not in it by yourself - discover our exclusive Food Matters Juice Detox today.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!