Healthy Twix Bars
We wanted a chocolate bar; we made a chocolate bar. Only this one is actually good for you and tastes ridiculous. The ingredients are nutrient packed, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan, raw, and super easy to make. Enjoy the indulgence, without the sugar and preservative laden crash.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 4 tbsp rice malt, honey or maple
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 Himalayan
- 1 cup soften dates
- 1.5 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp rice malt optional
- 2 tbsp coconut water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple
- Pinch salt
WHAT TO DO
- Line a baking tray with baking sheet.
- To prepare the biscuit layer process the cashews until fine add your sweetener of choice, coconut flour and salt process until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tray line.
Use your hands to form a rectangular shape about ½ inch thick. Place the pan in the freezer to set while you prepare the caramel filling.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the caramel filling ingredients and blend until well combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the blender a couple of times, to make sure everything is blended evenly.
- Remove the cookie layer from the freezer. Pass the caramel through a sieve onto the biscuit layer to achieve a smooth caramel.
- Freezer for 3 hours to firm up.
- When the caramel has set cut into rectangle size twix shapes and return to freezer while you make the chocolate coating.
- Mix all chocolate ingredients into a bowl, above another bowl full of hot water.
- Remove the bars from freezer. Use a fork to help dip into the chocolate and place back onto the tray. Repeat the process again.
- Let sit in freezer for 15 minutes for the chocolate to set.
Could you benefit from a guided juice detox? Don’t worry, you’re not in it by yourself - discover our exclusive Food Matters Juice Detox today.