They say that food is the way to anyone’s heart and if you are anything like us, we are more into treats made with love as opposed to expensive flowers, candy, heart-shaped things and dinner reservations.
Valentine’s Day can easily be confused with these costly things and dismissed by those who don’t have a partner, but the beauty about this day is whether you are single, dating, married or have kids, you can share the love with all of those surrounding. Friends, family or even just Y-O-U.
Whatever you choose, do it with love, because giving is a powerful thing! This year we are getting into the kitchen with Hugo and making these cute ‘Heart Drops’ to send out as love bombs to the ones that we love.
So, before you head out to buy sugar-filled Valentine’s treats this year, why not try making your own, filled with love!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or raw honey
- Raspberry Chia Jam
- Preheat over to 325 degree Fahrenheit (170 degree celsius).
- Add almond meal, baking powder, coconut oil and maple syrup into a bowl and mix it together well with a fork.
- Roll the mixture into biscuit shapes and place them onto a lined baking tray.
- Using your thumb or the back of a spoon, make a nice big indent in each biscuit and place a teaspoon of jam into each one.
- Bake them in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden.
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 1 1/2 cups organic frozen raspberries (or fresh)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Whiz thawed raspberries in the blender until liquid.
- Combine the raspberries, maple syrup and chia seeds in a bowl and mix together well.
- Transfer into a jar and pop in the fridge for a couple of hours to set.
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!