Lamington Smoothie Recipe
- Australian for a sponge cake with chocolate sauce and shredded coconut. On a glutinously good day, they may be filled with cream and strawberry jam.
Mum used to make these bad boys about twice a year. Is that bi-annually? English aside, it wasn't often enough. Homemade lamingtons, not the tasteless supermarket variety. Taste like patriotism. Patriotism mixed with chocolate, cake and coconut. I wanted to replicate that sense of pride without spending all day in a kitchen freezing and coating sponge cake. So I made a two-minute smoothie. Plus this recipe is healthier.
Vegan, gluten free & refined sugar-free
- 1 cup Cashews
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Flakes (Oats if you're not coeliac)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Cacao Nibs
- 1 tsp Cocoa
- 1/4 cups Coconut Water
- 4 Ice Cubes
- Pour into cliche Mason jar.
- Spill ingredients over the top.
- Take a square photo with soft, natural light.
- Edit photo using Snapseed.
- Upload onto Instagram with a casual brag like, "Had some left over ingredients so turned it into a Lamington Smoothie. #straya"
- Finish smoothie.