No-Bake Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies
Peanut butter cookies are traditionally made with loads of refined sugar, butter, chemical-filled peanut butter and eggs. And while they're certainly delicious, the amount of toxins you're putting into your body with just one cookie isn't worth it.
Does that mean we just give them up? Absolutely not! These No-Bake Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies are a nutritious and utterly delicious spin on this traditionally unhealthy treat. Made with only healthy, wholesome ingredients, these cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and refined sugar-free.
But don't worry, they taste every bit as indulgent.
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER QUINOA COOKIES (Makes 15 - 16 cookies)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (preferably homemade)
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
What to do
- Melt the coconut oil, syrup and peanut butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until the oil fully melted and the mixture is combined.
- To the pot, add the quinoa flakes, cooked quinoa and almond flour. Stir to form a thick dough. Fold in some of the chopped peanuts if using, reserving some for topping at the end.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and using a small ice cream scoop (or two spoons), scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet, gently flattening it with your hands. Repeat until no dough remains.
- Pop your cookies into the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for about 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.