Nut-Free Chocolate Cookies (School Friendly Recipe)
Struggling for ideas of what snacks you can send along with the kids to school? These nut-free school cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat! Free of nuts and no refined sugars to send the kids crazy!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 12 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the ingredients into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a fine crumb that sticks together when pressed. You may not need the coconut cream if you are using a high speed processor.
- Press and shape spoonfuls of the mixture into cookies and place them onto your prepared tray. I made 16.
- Bake for ten minutes, turning the tray half way through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes before gently gently transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Some health foods are non-negotiable. You can shop the Food Matters’ pantry staples here.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!