One Minute Slice (Recipe)
Do you have the desire to have some sweet that won't make you feel guilty? Do you have one minute? Then you have time to whip us this treat! A great one for the kids too!
- 6 tbsp peanut butter*
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey**
- 2 tbsp raw cacao or Food Matters Superfood Chocolate
- 1/2 tsp concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cashews, crushed (I placed them in snap lock bag and crushed them with my rolling pin)
- Place all ingredients except for the cashews into a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined and looking deliciously chocolatey. Stir in the cashews. Pour the mixture into a silicon loaf tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- This slice only takes a couple of hours to set. However, the longer you leave it the firmer it will become. I like it best the day after making.
- Store in the fridge as it will melt at room temperature.
- Enjoy knowing you aren't feeding the kids or yourself nasty refined sugars.
*you can sub the peanut butter with almond butter if you prefer
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer
Hungry for more recipes just like this one? Discover the best recipes fresh from the Food Matters Kitchen .