Paleo Zucchini Fries (Recipe)
These are the perfect replacement for the standard oily potato chips you'll be offered at most cafes. In other words, they're absolutely awesome! I love combining them with a paleo-friendly chicken schnitzel. Why don't you whip up a batch today and see how delicious they are for yourself?
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 egg white (reserve the yolk and try to use elsewhere, to avoid waste)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp mixed seasoning, whatever you like. I like mixed herbs
- Avocado oil
- Start by preheating the oven to 390°F (200°C).
- Cut the zucchini into 3-inch sticks.
- Whisk the egg white in a small bowl, and add the almond milk.
- Combine the almond meal and seasoning in a separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in almond meal mixture.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with avocado or coconut oil, and place zucchini fries on sheet.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Cook up a storm in the kitchen with fresh, healthy inspiration. Explore the full library of Food Matters recipes, here .
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!