PB&J Smoothie Bowl
This sweet and salty smoothie bowl combination is divine. As well as adding a flavorsome treat to your morning smoothie, the additional nut butter and chia jam offer an extra protein hit to keep you sustained for longer. Feel free to switch out the peanut butter for any other nut butter you love.
- 2 ripe bananas (frozen works best)
- 6 large strawberries
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ ripe avocado
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional: ½ tsp beetroot powder or pitaya powder for added color!
- 1 tbsp jam (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Blend all smoothie ingredients until smooth and creamy. If you need a little more liquid, add a tablespoon or two of extra coconut or almond milk and blend, but it should be quite a thick, smooth consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with a swirl of chia jam and peanut butter.
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 3 soft, pitted dates
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Put all the ingredients except the chia seeds in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Mix in the chia seeds with a spoon and allow them to soak for 10 minutes to create a jam-like consistency.
Are you searching for the latest in health & wellness? Stay up to date with our most recent articles.