The Perfect Cauliflower Pizza
A lower-carb alternative to regular pizza that sneaks in some extra veg! We love this Italian-style topping, but you can add as many extra veggies as you like to make it your own!
Traditional pizza bases are heavy in gluten-rich flour that can be difficult to digest and leave you feeling sluggish. This cauliflower base adds some extra veggies to your meal making it nutrient-rich, light on your stomach, and it tastes amazing!
- Florets from 1 cauliflower
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp organic tomato paste
- 2 tbsp fresh or dried oregano
- 1 handful mushrooms, sliced
- 1 handful black olives, pitted
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast or choice of parmesan or pecorino cheese
- 1 handful greens (arugula, basil)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Coarsely chop the cauliflower and add to the food processor with the almond meal, oregano, and seasoning. Blend until it is a fine rice-like texture.
- Slowly add the eggs one at a time until the dough comes together and you can shape it into a ball.
- Transfer to the baking paper and form into a pizza base by flattening the dough with your hands.
- Pre-bake for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the crust from the oven.
- Cover it with tomato paste, mushrooms, olives, oregano & nutritional yeast or cheese and put it back in the oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- Take it out the oven and top with fresh basil, arugula & a squeeze of lemon juice.
After blending the cauliflower and almond meal, you may wish to drain the excess liquid from the mixture using a cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
You can store the leftover pizza dough in an airtight container in the freezer. Next movie night with friends, pull out the dough and impress them with your healthy homemade pizza base.
If you haven’t already, join our free global challenge at www.GetOffTheGluten.com to receive daily recipes & health tips, access to our private group for support and inspiration, plus before and after testing to track your progress in key areas of your life such as weight, sleep, bloating, skin-conditions, mental health and more!