Pine Lime Slice Smoothie
I love the taste of coconut water, though I know a few people who just don’t. So if you want to benefit from the impressive mineral profile and hydration from coconut water – without the taste, then try it in this delicious rehydration drink (or mixer). The pineapple is very anti-inflammatory and supports digestion. It is also a very rich source of Vitamin C along with the lime.
Most of all, it is refreshing and delicious!
Makes 4 small jars or glasses
- 350ml can of coconut water
- 1 cup of ice
- 4-5 cm slice of fresh pineapple, diced and cored
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder, paste or essence
- Throw it all into powerful blender or food processor and process at the highest speed until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Make it minty
- Add a few sprigs of fresh mint.
- Freeze it into ice block moulds for a refreshing, healthy, frozen treat. Even add cubes of pineapple into the mould for a bit of texture.
A tropical cocktail
- Add a shot of vodka for a tropical inspired cocktail.
Do you have a passion for nutrition & natural healing?. Learn more about the Food Matters Nutrition Certification Program here.